Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dog takes a ride in Ingles cart



I don’t know about you, but I sure could go for a thunderstorm.
They’ve been so far and few between this summer. Please, fall, come early this year.
Of course, I never tire of your burning questions. Let’s get to them, along with my smart-aleck responses and the real deal.

Question: Over the last year, I have witnessed a dog riding in a shopping cart at a local grocery store. The first time I mentioned it to the manager, he said he would take care of it. A few months later it happened again, and the manager apologized and said he would take care of it. The third time it happened, the manager said he thought it was a service dog, so they had to allow it. Is this true? I have no problem with service dogs being in places that other dogs are not allowed, but to allow one to sit in a grocery cart where people put their food seems unsanitary. If it is true, then perhaps the store should designate a cart for this lady and her dog.

My answer: Call me crazy, but I worry more about what the people leave behind in the carts. Seriously, you ever think about what’s in that toddler’s diaper? The one who was just sitting on the little plastic platform your bananas are sitting on? You’re welcome ...
Real answer: After further prodding, I found out this was occurring at the Ingles in the Reynolds community.

Ingles Markets Chief Financial Officer Ron Freeman checked into it.
“Service animals are very important to the individuals who use them, and we want to be as helpful as possible,” Freeman said. “We are making arrangements to have a specific buggy for this person to use so there is no confusion in the future.”

Original Article

No comments:

Post a Comment